Welcome to the Governor page.
Each school in the state system has a Governing Body. The Governing Body plays a key role in helping oversee the strategic direction of the school and works in partnership with the Head teacher and Senior Leadership Team. The main aim of the Governing body is to ensure the delivery of a high quality education for all pupils in its care.
Together, the Governors are responsible for:
- Setting aims and targets for the school and checking the school’s progress towards attaining these.
- Monitoring how well the school’s policies and plans are working.
- Accounting for the performance of the school and the Governing Body.
- Working with the Head teacher to make sure that teaching at school is effective and good quality and the children are making the best possible progress.
- Taking general responsibility for the school and its budget.
Schools can prove excellence by gaining industry standard awards. View awards we have attained.
Free News Service
Click on the icon to the left to subscribe to a free RSS feed school news service.
You can also follow us on social media. Click on the icons at the very bottom of this web page.