Welcome to the Curriculum Page
1) It is underpinned by our core drivers Living Faith, Performance and Action and Enterprise.
2) It is an exciting curriculum that secures the highest achievement possible and opens up horizons of hope and aspiration.
3) Its flexibility reflects the worth of each person, broadening and nurturing individual interests.
4) It provides rich, meaningful experiences and opportunities to create lasting memories.
5) It inspires children to learn through academic, creative and hands-on experiences linked to the real world.
6) It helps children grow and flourish into responsible, respectful and compassionate people in the local community and beyond.
7) The inspiring, creative themes in our curriculum make relevant links between subjects and deepen knowledge and skills over time.
8) It encourages collaboration, the sharing of expertise and learning in all environments.
9) It empowers children to become successful life-long learners, effective communicators and responsible citizens
10) It equips children to develop a ‘can-do’ attitude, take risks, learn from their mistakes and be ready for future challenge
BELIEVE AND ACHIEVE LEARNING GUARANTEE
We are committed to developing successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens within a caring and happy environment. We actively promote and develop Christian values, supported by our unique link with The Abbey.
On their Selby Abbey School journey, we guarantee that all children will:
- Be given confidence to question, understand and care (Living Faith)
- Be given opportunities to shine, to love learning and to be successful (Performance & Action)
- Be given purposeful challenges so they can develop their knowledge and skills in the real world (Enterprise)
- Be seen as individuals and supported in developing strength of character
- Be given learning experiences tailored to their unique needs and interests
- Be supported and challenged to be the best they can be in school and life beyond school
- Be able to take part in artistic, musical and sporting activities within and beyond school
- Be able to learn a modern foreign language
- Be able to explore and understand our own and different cultures on a local, national and international scale
- Be able to have a voice, share their talents, and have opportunities to lead
- Be given the opportunity to experience regular educational visits and other outdoor and adventurous pursuits
This area contains the school curriculum documents that give an overview of termly teaching and learning. It will also have help files for parents to enable you to support your child’s learning.
Here we outline the termly learning that takes place in our school.
Click on the link below to view our e-safety parent’s leaflet.
Please look at these booklets to see the new end of year expectations for your child in reading, writing and maths.
These leaflets show how you can support your child to be happy, active and confident learners at school.
Information on Read Write Inc, our phonics programme, and ideas on how you can support your child’s reading at home. Copy the link below into your browser, to see a series of short videos which take you through, step-by-step, how to pronounce sounds and support your child’s reading at home. Following the same methods at home and school helps children’s progress in reading massively. http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/home/reading-site/expert-help/ruth-miskins-video-page?region=uk
Advice on how to support your child’s learning at home.
You can also follow us on social media. Click on the icons below or at the very bottom of this web page.
Free News Service
Fill in the online form at the very bottom of this web page to receive regular emails each time something new is posted into the website.
Contact Us Form
Panoramic Tour of School Resource Areas
Site Map and High Contrast Links
Click on the links in the footer area to gain quick access to all of the website.